Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Wednesday, July 13--So far (all student views!)

Wednesday, July 13

  This is Skyler Fluckey and today was awesome and very very expensive. At the Cathedral, it was cool to see how big it was and to see the stained glass. I had spent $30 there on my sisters and my grandma for two birthstone necklaces and a rock that says love. At lunch I wasn't very happy when Terry and I went to get sushi from Kabuki, because we had gotten to the front and then they put up a sign that said it was temporary closed. Instead we went to get some pizza. 
Just after 1 pm we went to a souvenir shop and i spent $35 on my Dad and myself. I had gotten 4 gold coins and two cases to hold them in for my Dad and for myself I had gotten 4 postcards of different monuments that we have seen. Today was expensive, but I have had lots of fun hanging out with some good friends and have lots of laughs. I cant wait for the zoo, which is what I believe is next now, but I have no idea yet. I am acting like a 4 year old little kid and being a complete goofball for the first time in forever. This is the best trip ever, without my family of course and with my awesome friends.

           -Skyler Fluckey

Yesterday I had a headache the whole day, but this trip is pretty chill so it was okay. Also I got a emoji hat....Pretty lit 
          ~Jenna
Today I went to a big church. It was one of the coolest building I have ever seen! The shop there was overpriced. Then we went to lunch and I had pizza. Then we went to a souvenir shop. I  had gotten sunglasses for my sister. We are gonna go to George Washington's house, which is Mount Vernon -and the zoo next.
                                        -Terry


This week has been a life experience.  This is one of the best places ever and the food is good. I LIKE FOOD.
                                                                         -Gabe

Going to Washington D.C is an amazing experience to learn more about our pasts and history. Today we went to the Cathedral, that had Hellen Keller's tomb behind it. The Cathedral was built in the 1900's, which was an interesting fact that we also learned. One of the glass circular-rose windows is 6 feet tall, but on the first level, it looks no more than 3. At the gift shop, I bought my grandmother a cross necklace that has every birthstone on it. I got myself a necklace, that at first glance looks like a heart with a circle in the middle, but if you looks closer, the left side of the necklace makes a G, the circle is an O, and the right side is an D, which makes it say God. I got the matching earrings with it as well. We were going to the zoo, but instead we went to eat lunch. I got pizza at an Italy Pizzeria place that was delicious, but over-the-top greasy. After eating lunch, with some spare time, my friend bought me Starbucks due to the low amount of money I have that I have to get my family souvenirs since they never been to Washington D.C., other than my grandmother. Going to the souvenir shop, I bought my father a keychain with his name on it. Already buying my brother, sister, and grandmother a present I only had to get my mother one. Searching through the store, there was only thing that stuck out. The 7 building rainbow hexagon. It was a beautiful site, and would make a beautiful gift. Browsing around, I saw a friend of mine, Eisen, who couldn't afford a hat that he he adored, because it matched his new sweatshirt. I had money left over, and felt bad for him, so I bought him the hat. He afford to give me his remaining money that he had, but I kindly denied his request. Having a few more minutes to look around, I saw these buttons that said No and Yes. Pressing down on them, they say Yes and No in different ways, as a funny joke. It would be a funny thing to have to use against my family, I bought them as well. Leaving the souvenir shop, we hopped back on the bus and headed back on our journey. Later today we traveled to George Washington's house, where he lived while he was married to Martha and had kids. They also updated the house numerous times to their likings, which made the house extravagant in the end. The house was massive, and had the same beds and chairs that they had when they lived there. Sadly we could not go in those rooms, but we could see them through the open windows through the tour. Not bringing my bag in, which was a bad mistake on my part, I forgot to bring in my water bottle. It was burning hot outside, but thankfully there were water fountains throughout the touring outside. Visiting the slave's cemetery, I felt saddened on how they weren't buried in a proper place, but finding out people are trying to find their remains to do so, made me feel happy again. There was a vault that we past, where George Washington was supposed to be kept in as he past away, but in his will, he wanted to be placed somewhere else, so his wife, Martha, wouldn't have to be placed in that vault that is falling apart slowly. The adventures seem to never end as I explored the Educational Center. with a few minutes to spare, I found my friend in the gift shop at the end. My friends created this storyline of our friendship, making us a family. I am the mother, while I have all my friends as kids, and my best friend, Alexis, is the father. In Chorus, we sang a song called Let It Grow, so that's where we got the names Dan and Rose from. Eisen,  being the youngest child, I wanted to buy him something as a joke. I found a Stuffed Golden Retriever, before remembering that my money was in my bag that was in the bus. My friend, who has brought more money than me, insisted on buying it, but I declined, saying it was too much. He bought it anyways, which was a nice thing he had done. Walking up to Eisen,  I had the dog behind my back, and said "Eisen,  here is a dog that every little kid needs." I handed the dog to him, which he named Douglas. We just went to a statue with soldiers hands on the flag. We took a few pictures, but during the pictures, everyone with hats had to take them off for respect. As we left, we are going to have more adventures on the way. I am thankful to be able to join this trip. It has been an amazing experience so far, and we have a couple days left to explore this wonderful city.           ~Cecilia Hadley.

No comments:

Post a Comment